Friday, April 17, 2009

What a great way to finish out the work week!

After working a very hard week, I was looking forward to coming home, throwing on some shorts, and relaxing for the rest of the evening. When I got home though, it was a totally different story.

First let me explain something; when you have multiple dogs it’s like a chain reaction. One dog decides to do something, and the other dogs join in because their instincts are to follow the leader. This is why when one dog starts to bark in the pound, or vets office, all of the dogs start to bark.

Now back to my dreaded Friday evening. I opened to door while flipping through the evening mail, and was greeted by a horrible smell. At first I thought Vlad, our new dog must have had an accident in his kennel, as he is still crate trained during the day. No problem, I thought to myself, I’ll just take it out and hose it off. As I ventured to the back of the house though, I found that it was not the kennel, but instead the entire back room was covered in vomit and poop. It seemed the older “trained” dogs had a reaction to the new food and took it out on our house! Keep in min that our house is about 80% hardwood and linoleum, but they decided to do all of their messes in the small area of our house that is carpeted. Needless to say I was not happy, and spent the past hour on my hands and knees with the little green clean machine, while I repeated over and over again. “I love my dogs, they just had a little trouble with adjusting to their new food, and it’s not their fault. I love my dogs, it’s the food, and it’s not their fault. I love my dogs, it’s the food, and it’s not their fault.”
And because I am trying to look on the bight side, I have to say I am impressed with the cleaning power of my little Bissell machine. Also I have been asking myself for the past month if my carpet in that room was dirty, or if it was just the bad lighting. I did confirm that my carpet is not only dirty, but filthy and now added to my every growing list of tasks to do instead of enjoy a beautiful sunny weekend is to clean the carpet on my hands and knees, or find a decent carpet cleaning company in Vancouver

No comments: