Saturday, May 9, 2009

Blue skys and pink shirts.

Today we did a breast cancer walk encouraged by Josh's work. It was a beautiful day to walk for reason. Sunny, and bright with perfect blue skys to contrast all of the pink shirts.

The first thing they did was ask people who are either being treated for cancer, or a survivor of breast cancer to walk around the Rose Quarter. It was really moving, and a little sobering to how many people have struggled with cancer. It's not every day that you think about how many people fight, and how many people lose the fight with cancer.


The walk was great, everyone was really high energy and it was great to see so many people gather for a cause. It was also the first time I've walked across one of our fair bridges. I've lived here so long, but never thought to cross a bridge on foot. For me though, the best part of the walk was seeing my husband walking around in a pink shirt. I know everyone else was wearing pink too...but my husband never wears pink.




























1 comment:

Rebecca said...

What bridge did you cross? You know my love of the Hawthorne Bridge... I walk across it all the time! :)