Monday, November 1, 2010

Another month, another budget


Another month, another budget. I love monthly budgets because every month I get to try again! Another challenge of balance eating great tasting healthy food, while not breaking the bank. This month should be extra challenging because it's TURKEY SEASON! And that means a few extra expenses in groceries. But there are a few things that are going to be on sale because of the season, and I plan fully to take advantage of some of those deals. Whole turkeys, cranberries, and cans and cans of pumpkin are on the menu this month! Not to mention squash. I find them to be a kind of a pain to cook, but they are so cheap to purchase, and make a great fall decoration until I'm ready to use them.

I also plan to make an adaption of this recipe:
http://hurstbeanblog.com/2010/10/22/pumpkin-white-bean-stew/
Made vegetarian of course, and with out the heavy cream. Adaptions will be made to add depth of flavor and taste.

Another month! I'm looking forward to the challenge. I'll let you know what I come up with.

No comments: