Sunday, September 12, 2010

Learning while frozen.


You'll be happy to know that I went to walmart yesterday and didn't buy anything! I just walked around and talked with my mom as she loaded up her cart with the things she needed. I'm not a huge walmart fan, but they have their fall candles out and I LOVE the scent of fall candles. I still resisted the temptation though.

Today we had a pre-scheduled even that lead us to spending a little bit of money, but it's okay because we are spending money on things of value, like spending time with people we care about. It's teaching me more then anything that I have a habit of picking up things right when I want them, instead of thinking about really needing them. Yesterday the old Laura would have thrown the yummy warm fall scented candles into our cart with out even thinking about all of the yummy fall scented candles I already have in my home from last year, and the fact that we just put new plug ins that smell like the tropics last weekend. I would have just replaced them, put the old ones in the closet and told myself that I will use them next summer. Instead I will use these until the true end of summer, and ring in the fall next month with a yummy new fall scent- after taking stock of the things that I already have in my home.

All in all I would say I'm learning. :) And I am happy about that.
I also made some crunchy oven roasted garbanzo beans because I was trying to learn to use what I have around the kitchen when craving crunchy food.
1 can of garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
seasoning of your choice
salt- to help season and draw out moisture
and a 400 degree oven until crunchy! EASY!

No comments: